In Review Travel

[REVIEW]: Mega Boutique Hotel and Spa, Bali


Hello peeps!

After a long wait, I finally got the time to update this blog *cleans up spider webs off of this blog*. 

Been very busy with work until I forget that I still have this blog. I also realized that I have a shitton of unfinished posts stored in the draft. Finally, after some deep cleaning, I am back and ready to dedicate my time for at least week to post here cause I genuinely think that blog is still #in amirite?

So, back in May, one of my best friends for 11 years gave me a call to let me know that she had been asked for marriage by her boyfriend for two years. Words couldn't describe how happy I am for her because she was going to be the first one among us five to tie the knot. When she asked me if I could come to her wedding in Bali, of course I said yes! I was finally going to attend my first wedding in Bali!

Unfortunately, bunch of my friends were either flying with their partner or flying out on different dates so I had to travel alone to Bali. However, I always believe that solo traveling is a blessing on its own because that means I have all the luxury to determine my own itinerary without having too many heads interfering or I have to submit to other's requests.

After a rigorous search for a plane ticket (I bought the ticket back in May for a departure in July and it cost me literally an arm and leg, it was expensive!), I stumbled upon an article by IDN Times about some selection of boutique hotels in Bali. I actually had booked a room at Swiss-Belhotel Rainforest in Seminyak, but my booking was canceled for whichever reason weeks prior my arrival in Bali.

I finally decided to stay at this Mega Boutique Hotel and Spa because it looked really good on the net. However, I was really skeptical that the hotel would look in real life because you know, you can never trust those pictures that are posted on Agoda/Traveloka. I opted for the hotel's Executive Suite because they ran out of their Junior Suite when I booked the room via Traveloka. However, a couple of days before my departure, I found that the rooms were available and cost even cheaper than my Executive Suite that I booked. Unfortunately, you can't upgrade your room if you've paid for it using CC on Traveloka. What a weird mechanism, indeed. 

The hotel is located in Bypass Kuta, not that far from the airport (± 15 minutes). Like any other hotel there is, check-in time is at 2 PM. Lucky for you, you don't have to store any deposit so you can keep your money with you for shopping! You will only be given one access card which can be used for entering and lighting your whole room.

The room that I stayed in was quite spacious, measuring up to 34m². It comes with your usual amenities like toiletries and two towels. Nothing to be desired though. Pictures below:

Not the comfiest (and tidiest) bed I've ever slept in
The Walking Closet

My favorite feature in a hotel room, Jacuzi!

Afraid to miss that Game of Thrones episode when you're in the tub? Worry not!

Separate shower and toilet seat are available to your right

Working space with LCD TV that swivels so you can watch in bed 

Le bed

Huge ass mirror to help you get dressed in the morning (or for a night out)

A couch to help you get ready while tying  your shoes

The hotel's pool. It looks like this I swear (not my picture, courtesy of Traveloka)


Considering the amount that I paid for a room like this, I thought I got a better deal than expected. This hotel, however, fell short in some areas such as:

  1. The towel's texture feels weird. It doesn't absorb water? I don't know if it's the fabric used in the towel or what, but I could never dry myself off with the hotel's provided towel, unlike any other towel I've used before. 
  2. The water feels weird as well. The more I washed myself with it, the dirtier I felt? It doesn't scrub away soap and dirt well. I don't know if the water had chlorine in it, but I didn't like the aftertaste the water left on my skin.

The breakfast menu was quite varied and okay at best, but they had unlimited ice cream for you to scoop as much as you want, so that wasn't really bad.

So, if you're looking for an affordable hotel to stay in Bali, I would gladly recommend the hotel for you. Bear in mind that it's quite far from where the magic happens, like Canggu or Seminyak but it's really close to the airport so you will have little chance of missing your flight.


Till next post peeps!
Marcel

VERDICT

Mega Boutique Hotel & Spa

Address: Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai No. 259, SImpang Siur, Kuta, Pemogan, Denpasar Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
Phone: (0361) 753111

🏙 : ⭐️⭐️⭐️
🥘 : ⭐️⭐️⭐️
💵 : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Related Articles

4 comments:

  1. Really very happy to say,your post is very interesting to read.I never stop myself to say something about it.You’re doing a great job.Keep it up.

    spa in bandra west,
    spa deals in bandra west,
    spa body massage bandra,
    spa therapist in bandra west,
    spa gift vouchers bandra,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice boutique hotel spa in Bali. My pleasure to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This boutique hotel and spa is nice and it looks relaxing. Big thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article. Your content is very interesting for me. I am glad to see your blog about hotel review. Thank you for sharing. villakubu.com

    ReplyDelete